The European Commission is launching a public consultation on the Green Paper on mobile health, inviting comments on the barriers and issues related to the use of mHealth. Your input will help . The Commission also publishes a Staff Working Document on the existing EU legal framework applicable to lifestyle and wellbeing apps, aiming at providing simple guidance to app developers on EU legislation in the field.
The objective of this consultation is to receive the views of:
- regional and national authorities e.g. health ministries, authorities dealing with medical devices/data protection
- health professionals, carers, health practitioners, medical associations
- consumers, users of mHealth apps, patients and their associations
- web entrepreneurs
- app developers and app stores
- manufacturers of mobile devices
- insurance agencies
- sports centres, health clubs, etc.
This is not an exhaustive list – we welcome replies from all interested parties.
Period of consultation: 10 April 2014 – 3 July 2014
Comments received after the closing date will not be considered. Please state whether you are responding as an individual or representing the views of an organisation. If responding on behalf of an organisation, please explain who the organisation represents and, where applicable, how the views of members were assembled.
How to respond
- Respond online
- Email your answers
Attach your reply as Word, PDF or ODF document.
- Write to:
DG Communications Networks, Content & Technology
Avenue de Beaulieu/Beaulieulaan 31
Unit H1, Health & Well-being
Brussels 1049 – Belgium
For more information: europa.eu